www.buddypower.net has teamed up with Conran Octopus for you to win one of 10 copies.
Over the last decade, the retail market for organic products has grown by an average of 27%.* Be it health concerns, ecological awareness or purely the satisfaction of growing your own, it is clear many of us are making the change to a more organic way of living. Here, Juliet Roberts, in conjunction with her gardening guru Mike Thurlow, provides the definitive guide for all gardeners interested in the art of organic vegetable growing.
Organic Kitchen Garden enables us all to pick up the gardening fork and tuck into the delights of home-grown vegetables. Carefully explaining how to set up a vegetable patch, prepare the soil, care for your crops and stagger your harvesting times, Juliet and Mike guide us through each month, allowing us to get the most out of every season.
The book provides:
• Expert horticultural advise on specific vegetables from head kitchen gardener Mike Thurlow
• Monthly lists to remind you which jobs need doing and what to expect from your garden
• Outstanding photography and useful diagrams to illustrate the various processes and techniques
• Helpful tips on everything from assessing your plot to crop rotation
• Invaluable information on organic methods of pest and disease control.
Practical, beautiful and an invaluable gardening reference, Organic Kitchen Garden shows you how to grow your own food and discover the taste of really fresh fruit and vegetables. Photographed in the 18th-Century walled kitchen garden of Audley End in Essex, stunning photography demonstrates the various techniques and processes used in organic gardening.
Organic Kitchen Garden By Juliet Roberts
Published in association with Gardens Illustrated magazine
Published by Conran Octopus I April 2009
£14.99 I New in Paperback
To win one of 10 copies - leave your name below this story with 20 words or less as to why you want to win - and you'll be put into our free prize draw.
Competition entries end on 1st June 2009.